Monday, November 26, 2012


Hello Everyone!!!
So this week was a pretty good week for the most part. We were able to teach some really good lessons and we were able to help some people know more about the book of mormon. So far everything is going well for the most part. We celebrated my birthday on Friday with Yellow Cake and Chocolate Frosting!!!! Thank you all so much for the Birthday packages!!!! They were Great!!!! I received my packages on Thursday in the afternoon. I got 2 from you all and 1 from Grandma and Grandpa Parks. Thank you all so much for the packages!!! So today the bishop of the ward that I am serving in wants us to come with him to a church building in our area to look at it so we can start a group! We may become a group and me and my companion will be in charge of running the group!! We will see what actually will happen. I will keep you all informed! So every monday I am with Elder Scanlin from the 5th ward!!I see him all the time!! Its so great!! So I hope all is going well at home so far!
Mom, Thank you so much for the packages!!! I will keep my eye out for them all when they arrive!! There is an office couple that works in the mission office that keeps an eye out for my packages so they will watch for them as well. So luckily I was able to receive my packages last thursday but they actually came in on Monday so that is good. I will have to check if any came in today or not. I will watch for all the packages that come in. So you had a gang situation at the hospital??? That is crazy!! I hope non of the staff were harmed in the conflict. Luckily here I dont have to worry about gang activity. Here there is something called "Mob Justice". It is really really bad because they inflict a lot of harm! What happens is if someone catches another person stealing or robbing someone they will scream "He is stealing" or something of that sort and all the sudden all the men in the houses or shacks will surround the one who just stole something and they will close in and start beating the guy up, usually until he cant move any more or unfortunately until they die. It is very very bad!!!! I think that is the reason there is no gang activity and why no one gives us any problems. People always look out for us and if someone attempts to give us trouble or grief someone will come up and ask if we are ok and if the person is bothering us or not. I always have to tell them that everything is ok. Everyone looks out for us here where I am at. No one dares harm us because of that "Mob Justice" thing. It has been something that I have had to get used to. So you all invitedthe missionaries over for dinner??? They are so lucky!!!!! I miss Both yours and Dad's cooking!!! The food just is not the same here in South Africa but it is still good! Well I hope you have a great week!!
Dad, That is really good that you all enjoyed Thanksgiving!! Here we all had lunch for thanksgiving but it was no where close to how it is at home. I was able to get some Yellow cake with Chocolate frosting luckily for my birthday. It was so great!! I enjoyed every bit of it!! So that is funny that none of the decorations are up yet! It is still November so that is understandable. None of the appartments have any decorations so we will have to see how everything goes this christms. I cant believe Christmas is already here!! Time goes by way too fast sometimes!!! I look forward to the phone call home in less than a month!! That will be exciting!!!! So you all fed the missionaries?? That is so great!! I guarantee that they all LOVED that!!! It is so nice when a member feeds us that way we dont have to spend as much money and go to get lunch. So the bishop of the ward here in my area wants to look at a church building in our area and he wants us to go with him! If everything goes well, we will become a group and Both my and my companion will be in charge of running the church services every sunday!! I will have to keep you informed how that will go!! I hope all will go well for that because the people here need a closer place because the other building is really far from the area. We will have to see what happens. So i hope you have had a really good week and I hope you have a great week!!!
Nate, That is crazy that your wisdom teeth are impacted and laying sideways!!! That is so crazy that you are so close to getting your mission papers almost finished!!! That will be cool when everything will be done!!! So you got a traffic ticket???? That is not good!! So far I have been pulled over to the side of the road once and they immediately let us go because everything was in order. I hope all is going well for you so far!!! Tell all the young men (at least the ones who were there when I was there) Hi for me!!! Please also tell the Bishpric and Brother Johnston hi for me!! I hope you have a great week!!!!
Jake, So far everything has been going pretty good for the most part!! My birthday was pretty good as well!! I was able to make my favorite yellow cake and chocolate frosting!!! It was pretty good!!! So here in South Africa there is no such thing as Thanksgiving so for Thanksgiving we had lunch with the other missionaries and it was alright but it was nothing compared to the Thanksgiving feast at home!!! So you went shooting with Dwayne??? That is Awesome!!! Im sure that was fun!! Well I hope all is going well for you at home and have a great week!! Tell the Golders Hi for me!!!
Josh, So that is not good that you have all F's!!!! At least you have the entire quarter to get them all up!! Just do the assignments and turn them in on time and everything will go very well!!! So one piece of advice that I have learned from school and my mission so far is to never give up!! Always put your homework in front of everything else and you cant go wrong!! Keep trying and working hard and you can get really good grades!! I hope this helps and I hope things get better for you and have a great week!!
Alex, That is so great that you all fed the missionaries!! Im sure they all LOVED that!!! So on sundays we start by going to church and then after that we go to one of the members houses and they serve us lunch! We then go and teach people for the rest of the day. I hope you have a great week!
I love you all very much and have a great week!!
- Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment