Monday, April 23, 2012


Hello Everyone!!!

It sounds like things are a little busy at home. But it sounds like all of you are doing really well. This week has been picking up. Things are going really well and we are finding more and more families that are interested in hearing the gospel. The work here is hard work but it is definitely rewarding. So it sounds like things the weather there is getting better and warmer and warmer as the months go by. Here it is getting colder and colder as the weeks go by. We are going into the cold season. Its funny how the weather here and the weather at Utah are two different climates. I cant believe how fast time is going! I will be coming up on three months next month! It definitely doesnt feel like it has been 3 months! So this week has been crazy. On thursday afternoon our apartment flooded and we had no idea until we came back later that night. The worst part was that since we are on the top floor it leaked through the floor and ruined the walls and the carpet of the neighbors below us. It was not good thats for sure. The cause of the flood was that they shut off our water without telling us so one of our faucets was left on without knowing about it and it leaked everywhere. We have had a crazy week though. 

So I have sent home a package to you guys and I sent it last week so I hope you will all get it in about 2 weeks. I promise that you will all like what is in it. It is well on its way I hope. Everyone is getting closer and closer to having school being over. That is way Awesome that Ashley Boiteux is going to the U! Who knows maybe I will see her there when I get back. It all depends how long she is there for. So far being on a mission has taught me how to study effectively and now I feel that I will be able to study better when I am in school now. It is Awesome that Barb is having the missionaries over! I am so excited for her! She says that she is catholic but I think that she will want to learn more and more when the missionaries are over.I wish I was there so I could take part in teaching her the gospel. I look forward to hearing how she does after the visits from the missionaries.

Nate, You will do well in the competition. I know that if you keep lifting weights you will be able to lift plenty of weight to do well in the competition. I Know that you will do well! I am super jealous that you are going to go see the Avengers but I know that if I wait it will be so much better! I have created a list of movies that i need to see when i get home. It is starting to increase in size. The Avengers is one of the movies on my list. The Hobbit is another. Jake, It is good to hear that you are doing well and It is also good to hear that Erika and her family is doing well. Tell them all I said Hi for me. I hope her 16th Birthday went well. The sweet 16 birthday party is usually a big one. I heard that you are driving the Xterra. Please be careful with it. I still care for it. Haha just kidding. But please drive safely and dont hurt yourself. I know that you will enjoy driving that car as much as I definitely did!  Josh, Keep up the good work at school and strive for the best grades you can possibly get! I know that if you have any troubles whatsoever with your school experience, you can turn to your Heavenly Father and He will help you with any issue that may come up. Alex, It is Awesome that you got Walking Dead on DVD! I will add that to my list of movies to see when I get home. Get the best grades that you can possible get especially when you advance in each grade. Mom and Dad, Sounds like both of you are doing great. Sounds like the youth had a good combined activity. I really look forward to hearing how the scouts react to the animal sound speaker. Please keep me updated. So I went through my package pretty fast. I am down to one box of poptarts and all the redvines are gone. I really liked the poptarts and the redvines! Thank you so much for those! The reeses were just as good! I loved them! I am still eating a lot of chicken and rice but I have finally got used to it and now that is what I eat a lot. We have a KFC next to our apartment so we go there once in a while. It is not the same as the one at home though. Speaking of food I look forward to hearing about how the pumpkin patch goes! 

By the way i will be calling home on May 13th at 11:00 AM your time. It will be 7PM here on my time. Please let me know what phone to call so I can call it. If you want to make it a big giant conference call with the entire extended family that is fine with me I will call which ever phone you want me to call that has a speaker phone setting. Please let me know by next monday so i can put it in my planner. 

Have a Fantastic week and I love you all very much! 
- Elder Parks


        

No comments:

Post a Comment