Monday, April 30, 2012

Hello Everyone!!!

This last week here has been interesting. I went knocking on doors for the first time and it was Awesome! Its really different here because you have to walk around back and knock on their back door most of the time. Things are improving here in my area. There are more and more less actives attending church and the branch is getting bigger and bigger. Before I know it it will be a ward. Both me and my companion are working hard to make it a ward before any of us leave the area. 

So I hear you got my chocolate! :) I absolutely love the chocolate here! But I really miss the Hersheys chocolate that i used to get at home. Their chocolate is way different from the chocolate at home. When I first ate the Kit Kat I thought to myself " Man this is really good!" I quickly found out after that the Kit Kats at home and the ones here are very different in taste because one is American Chocolate and the other is European Chocolate. Thats totally fine if you dont want to compare the two. I just wanted everyone to  notice the difference in the two chocolate bars. The other chocolate bar that I got you guys is the pure European chocolate that I always get. I tried using it to put in cookies to replace the chocolate chips but it didnt work to well. They dont have chocolate chips here in South Africa so i have to usually improvise. The brown sugar isnt the same either. It is so much different from the brown sugar at home. 

The Temperature here is weird. It is in the mid 70's during the day and in the low 50's at night. So it is warm during the day and cold at night. I have to wear a sweater at night and have to wear my short sleeved shirts during the day. I am ok with bedding because the church provides really nice comforters and sheets to all the missionaries when they come into the mission. The flood that happened didnt get far enough to reach our bedroom (thank goodness). But im not going to lie, that was bizarre that that happened in the first place. I definitely didnt expect it. My shampoo is working really good right now so i will be fine for a while. I gave myself another haircut the other day. It turned out really good! So Dad it sounds like the scouts had a fun time but got scared to death with the call. :) I really wish I was able to see that! :) But overall it sounds like the place you guys went to is a really good place! I look forward to going there when I get home. I really miss going to Yellowstone! I really look forward to going there when I get home as well. 

So it sounds like Dakota is getting ready for His papers! I am really happy to hear that! Please keep me updated on that, I really want to know His progress as he gets ready to receive his call. I am really happy that they got my letter. I wasn't sure when they were going to get it.

So I have been driving the mission car a lot now. It still throws me off to drive on the opposite side of the car on the other side of the road shifting with my left hand! Haha I forgot to tell you all that the car we drive is a manual and you have to use your left hand to shift the car. That has been pretty intense as well. We drive a Chevrolet Aveo as our mission car. It reminds me a little of the Geo when i drove that.

Nate, are you enjoying the showcase thing that you are doing? I absolutely loved it when I did it! I love ballroom dancing. That is the only form of dancing that you will ever see me do. :) I cant dance any other way to save my life. Practice hard and let the music guide you. Good luck on the performances! :) Your birthday card got there a little early but thats ok. 

Jake, I will not send another Kit Kat until you have had an American one! Haha JK. I will send more later on. Its good to hear things are going well with you guys. Its really good to hear that you went with the Golders on that walk. ( I am assuming it is for charity, If not I dont know what i am talking about). Please tell the Golders i said hi! Stay well and enjoy your week

Josh, I still havent heard from you i look forward to hearing from you next week. If you dont want to I am totally fine with that. Have a Great week!

Alex, I am doing really good here! the flood didnt harm any of our stuff, it just ruined the carpet in the hallway in our apartment. I look forward to hearing from you next week. Let me know how you liked the Kit Kat and the other chocolate. 

Mom and Dad, Things here are going really well. Mom,  I didnt know that your birthday card was going to get there so quickly! Thats ok though. Dad, I will be sending you a Fathers day card when it comes around so you will have to tell me if you would rather have a card or chocolate or both. Either one is totally ok with me. Mom and Dad, I hope everything goes well and have a Fantastic week! Stay safe.

Everyone, Have a great week and I will email you all next week! 

- Elder Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment